Nutrition & Diet
Your chiropractor is trained in nutrition and how diet affects your health and well-being. To your chiropractor nutrition comprises more than simply eating three meals a day. The chiropractic profession views nutrition as the materials needed to maintain your health, and includes the vitamins, mineral, and tissue building quality of what you eat. Some foods should be avoided, while others consumed more frequently. You should consult your chiropractor directly for your specific nutrient requirements, but there is a general list to consider.
You should avoid:
• Smoking and Alcohol
• White refined sugar and candy
• “Junk Food” and empty calories
• Caffeine, found in coffee and cola drinks
• Salt and foods high in salt content
You should increase your intake of:
• Fruits and Vegetables
• Whole grain breads and cereal
• Lean cut red meats
• Fish and Poultry
• Skim Milk and low fat dairy products
Remember, your specific condition may require special dietary requirements, consult Royal Oaks Wellness!